Can A Weight Loss Blog Make You Gain Weight?


Since I started writing a blog with weight loss advice about 2 weeks ago, I've gained 9 pounds.
In a way, I can't believe it. I know I've been eating more. But I guess I didn't realize how much.
For weeks, I've only been getting a couple of hours of sleep each night. When I'm sleep-deprived, I always reach for food to stay awake.

But I haven't needed to lose weight for years. What does that say about me that I've gained weight as soon as I've started a weight loss blog?
First, I now need to take my own advice. And I will. Starting today, the pounds come off.
Second, maybe I'm reading so many articles and blog posts about other people's weight loss struggles that I'm starting to feel like they're my own... even though many of you are winning a tougher battle than I did.

the diet solution program, weight loss diet program, dieting programs,

Does that make sense?
Of course, I don't mean that any of the articles or blogs I'm reading are responsible for my weight gain. But I'm beginning to think about food and weight 24 hours a day. Because now it's become my job in a way.

I'm also starting to feel some of the emotional insecurity that so many weight loss bloggers write about. Not that any of us have to look very far for that. But it's one thing to feel another blogger's emotions, it's another to regain some of my own weight.

I have a question for anyone reading this. Have you ever regained lost pounds when you heard of another person's battle with weight? Do you start reliving your own weight loss problems?
Before starting my blog, my article topics varied. But even when I wrote about diets and dieting problems, my focus was positive.

I didn't gain an ounce even when writing about cheesecake, strawberry pie, and hot fudge sundaes. But now I read the blogs of other people who aren't so positive all the time. My heart goes out to all of them.

I also have people writing to me about their weight loss battles. And I think I'm starting to internalize the fears and the struggles of the people I want to help.
I think writing every day on a blog about weight loss and related issues has me thinking about the subject all the time.

And obsessing about food - isn't that how many of us gained weight in the first place?
But I don't think it's about food. I don't even think it's about lack of sleep. I haven't slept well in almost 2 years. Why would I gain weight now?

I think it's about feeling the emotions. I'm starting to internalize the struggles of other bloggers. And it's affecting me so much, I'm eating more and gaining weight. I guess it proves that you have to deal with the emotional side of weight loss as much as with the actual foods you eat.

And clearly, it's not healthy to think about food and weight loss 24 hours a day.
I thought of not writing this article.

For one thing, I'm ashamed to have to lose weight. Now of all times. It's ridiculous.
I could feel myself gaining weight. But I put off getting weighed.
Maybe I didn't want to believe I could gain again.

Now I know 9 pounds isn't even close to the type of struggle that many bloggers are facing. But it's a wake-up call for me. I've often said that you have to be prepared to backslide. And you need to have an effective plan to deal with it.

But you should deal with it before it gets anywhere close to 9 pounds.
You should weigh yourself once a week after you reach your goal. But I haven't been doing that.
It's not that I thought I could never gain weight again. I guess other priorities took over in life.
My family has had a number of medical emergencies in recent months. I delayed starting my blog because of them.

But we've had medical emergencies before. I haven't gained an ounce.
So now comes the final question. Is blogging bad for your weight?

PaleoBurn

Yeast Infection No More

14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Macro-patterning And Interval Sequencing Program

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Weight Loss Diet
Support by CB Engine